The demand for water jet cutting services continues to increase as more and more companies recognise the many benefits to be gained from ultra-high pressure hydrodemolition.
How do ultra-high pressure water jet cutting machines work?
Water jet cutting machines such as the Aqua Cutter 410A Evolution work by expelling high-pressured water through a small orifice, usually at the end of a hose. Unlike other cutting techniques, water jets, through focusing pressurised water up to 6200 bar into a thin beam, are capable of cutting through thick pieces of industrial material such as metal, ceramic and stone.
What are the benefits of water jet cutting concrete?
There are countless advantages to using water jet cutting over other forms of cutting such as laser and plasma cutting:
- As the most recent water jet cutting equipment is robotically powered, it can be operated at a safe distance with both precision and control.
- The intense water cutting stream of water jet machinery leaves a smooth edge without introducing any stress to the material such as burring, deformation and thermal stress.
- Water jet cutters are capable of cutting curved and flat concrete surfaces alike in some of the harshest and most hard-to-reach areas.
- Water jet cutting is one of the fastest and most efficient methods of cutting concrete on the market, saving time and money.
- Using water to cut concrete has numerous environmental benefits.
- When cutting concrete using UHP water jets, the high precision allows the structural integrity to be maintained while also keeping dust generation to an absolute minimum.
At Hydroblast we offer a range of water jet concrete cutting services as well as providing equipment for rental/hire. If you would like to request a quote for a job, or if you simply want some advice about any of our areas of expertise, contact us directly.